Xhosa for "eat"

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Cat and the Custard Cup

This restaurant has been in LaHabra for a long time. Always been a favorite. It did not disappoint.

I started with braised pork belly. Sinful and rich. The sweet red cabbage gave it the perfect contrast. Apparently the pork was a rare and expensive Berkshire pig.

We had the Paradaxx Z varietal. Delicious.

I ordered Chilean Sea Bass for my entree. Asian flavor accents. A very rich pasta with wasabi underneath.

My wife had a steak. Fantastic.

I finished with creme brûlée and my wife had a chocolate terrine. A google search revealed that a terrine is a loaf of pork and fat. This was a dessert variation (no picture) where a loaf of delicious chocolate was made and slices were served. 

Everything was perfectly prepared and the service was polite and thorough.

No comments: